« Home | Planning for the House Warming » | Untitled » | Doubt » | I had a dream » | I... » | Update #273 » | Rant » | Saturday » | Preview » | Almost forgotten »

Of ex-landlord, broadband, new flat and etc

I finally made my way to Central London after err... a few days. I feel like I'm living in a kampung. It's so peaceful in the new area. Every alternate evening, I go out for a run/brisk walk for about 30 minutes. I feel refreshed and healthier.

I was at the World's Local Bank today so I checked my online statements before leaving the bank. The ex-landlord banked in part of my deposit. They deducted some 70quid and I am furious. I made sure I cleaned the flat thoroughly before I left. Everything was left in good condition. I've emailed the management for clarification. A lawyer friend has kindly offered me help so I'm not that worried. But still, I'm damn annoyed. 70 bloody quid. I can get a Ted Baker skirt which I returned ok!! With that 70quid, I can topup another fiver and pay a week's rent in the current flat. Most landlords are cunning and they are pirates! Bleh! The same thing happened to me when I was in North Wales. The landlord deducted 50quid from the deposit. Bloody cunning, I tell you.

The broadband finally arrived a couple of days ago but something is wrong with the landline. No dialing tone. I'm annoyed but it didn't tick me off because 'Maggie' is still providing me yo-yo internet access. The draw back is I have to put my laptop on the bed to get good signal. I've figured out the perfect position for the laptop to receive good/very good 11Mbps. =)

I was in bed reading Norwegian Wood around 2am. Suddenly, I heard a woman moaning. That was my upstairs neighbours having a good time with his... wife, I assume- never met them before. It was my very first time listening to that live. :P Sounded weird. Perhaps living in the bedroom is not a good idea after all.

My Aunt's visiting me today and she'll be staying over for a night. Hopefully we'll sleep before 2 and the moaning does not happen. Even if it were to happen, I hope it won't wake my Aunt up. It's time to play masak-masak again tonight. =)

Oh, there was a mini bloggers' meet few days ago. It was supposed to be 8 but only 3 turned up. The Handsome overslept. -_- I don't know what happened to the others. But the meet was good. We had Vietnamese at Viet Garden in Angel. The service was slow but the food was good and the price was very reasonable.

Long distance is a pain. Another week to go.......

It's time for some retail therapy!! Till then!!

moaning? O.O

retail therapy is always good! just don't like the crowds on weekends though...

Post a Comment