« Home | Untitled » | Doubt » | I had a dream » | I... » | Update #273 » | Rant » | Saturday » | Preview » | Almost forgotten » | My little shoebox »

Planning for the House Warming

It's been almost 2 weeks since I moved into my new flat. When I was talking to my friend one day, he popped the question. "When is the house warming?" I was taken aback. I realised I never had one before. Throughout my 4 years! So this time, I'm determined to organise one. Just a small one. =)

The flatmate agreed so yesterday we were talking about the menu. She was saying she wanted to cook soup, stew chicken wings and the chinese dishes. I wasn't keen on that. We don't have a proper dining table to start with. Everyone will be sitting on the floor or sofa. The last thing we want is to see gravy/soup stains on the carpet. I told her my concerns. I told her about my ideas- finger food. But she wasn't keen either. She suggested ordering takeaway pizza sets as it is cheaper and saves time. Besides, we don't have to clean up everything. I agreed reluctantly.


Last night, I was so hungry at 3am so started thinking about food. I told you I'm weird- thinking of food when I'm extremely hungry. :P Anyway, I thought about the food I'd cook if I were to have a house warming party. I reckon it will definitely be better than having takeaway pizzas and chicken wings, no? Besides, I have a proper kitchen now! It's time for me to play masak-masak in the kitchen! I don't mind preparing, cooking and washing up all by myself.

This afternoon, when the flatmate came over, I told her about my plan and she agreed! After all, I told her I don't mind doing the cooking and washing up. :P

Anyway, the menu. Tentatively- you know fickle minded I am.
  • Spaghetti Bolognese
  • Chicken wings
  • Cucur ikan bilis
  • salad
  • mini pizzas
  • Trifle for dessert.

How does that sound. Any suggestions?

The house warming is not happening until next Thursday. Everyone's invited. =) Just email or drop a comment and I'll direct you to my new flat! See ya then!

I wanna go. :(

come lah

chicken wings, chicken wings!! with a thin coating of honey, they'll taste divine... oooh, I could just lick 'em! LOL!

yay! let me know and hopefully it doesn't clash with my work :(

cum back cook forr us!!!!!!
blardie pool. cook oni when ure in UK.never see u cook back home =(

Jason : It's in the UK la.. come fly over.

May: Chicken wings are definitely on the menu!

Elb: Thurs 3pm till the food finishes.

Mei: Mom's told me to cook for you lah. complain complain complain! buy bak kua for me okayyy!! :P

The Handsome: Jason knows lah! *Blekkk*

Post a Comment