« Home | Almost forgotten » | My little shoebox » | Da Paolo » | 08/08 » | Almost there » | Testing 1, 2, 3 » | Gibberish » | Errr.... Update? » | A Weird Encounter » | Let's talk about the weather, shall we? »

Preview

Update:

The caked turned out to be so much better than I expected! The deco was pretty bad though.

We had dinner at Fairuz, a Lebanese restaurant between Bond Street and Marylebone. I had 2 starters and they are extremely good. The bread are so fresh and.. ohhhh.. Yummyyyyy!! Cold and hot starters is £4.95 each and the Chef special starters is £5.95. Wines are very expensive though. The cheapest Lebanese wine on the menu was £13. Other wines are above 20quid. The service is good. The restaurant is very small though.

The waiter brought the cake out and one of our friends thought it was from the shop. heeheee *kembang* We sang the usual birthday song and the other customers joined in as well. One of them asked if she could have a piece of cake so we sent a piece over to her table. teehee.

We ended up in the pub after dinner. :P Lucky us, we got a table and the pub wasn't packed at all! We left shortly before 12 but got home around one because of the engineering work (I assume) going on on Oxford Street hence the bus routes were diverted.




5 and a half hours later, it's finally done and sitting in the fridge.

I don't think it looks very promising but I'm quite proud of myself. It's my first time baking and decorating a cake. Not too bad for someone who has zero creativity, aye? :P *syiok sendiri mode on*

The Ferrero Rochers won't stay put 'cos the cake is uneven.
I'll try to rearrange them again later.
I'm off to take a nap then get ready for the dinner tonight. =)
Laters.

that looks way good! much much better than what I would've done (stick to cheesecake, no deco needed.. LOL!)

Thank you May! I thought cheesecake might be slightly heavy so I settled for a simple one =)

Post a Comment