« Home | Unblock the Writer's Block » | WHY? » | I give up » | Floating Beach » | Of ex-landlord, broadband, new flat and etc » | Planning for the House Warming » | Untitled » | Doubt » | I had a dream » | I... »

Kitchen Disaster

Let me tell you that my culinary skills have gone down the drain.

I don't think I can cook a decent meal anymore.

Few weeks ago, my beef stew turned out to be perfect and I was so proud of myself. Today, I was feeling domesticated so I told the boy I'll cook him dinner.

I started cooking around 4 and everything was perfect until I transferred the beef into a pot. (I was using a non-stick pan previously) I left the pot on slow heat and came to the living room to use the internet.

I don't know how long I left the pot unattended. When I decided to check on the stew, disaster struck. I knew I burnt the dinner. I quickly transferred the un-burnt stew into the pan and tasted it. Shoot. It tasted pretty er... burnt. D'uh.

I took out everything I could find in the kitchen- Lea and Perrins, English mustard, soy sauce, salt, balsamic vinegar, pepper, mixed herbs and milk and added into the pan, hoping to 'cover' the burnt taste. The mustard did a pretty good job but it leaves a very strong 'mustardy' taste. -_-

So on the menu tonight: salvaged burnt beef stew, chocolate cheesecake and chocolate coated strawberries.

The boy better like mustard or I'll have order takeaway. Or... he can skip the main course and have chocolate cheesecake and chocolate coated strawberries for dinner. :P

LOL!!! How sweet!! Awww.... *pats your head*

methinks going straight on to dessert isn't such a bad idea, since they're chocolate... mmmm!

mustard's cool...

hey, aren't you supposed to be back here soon? *grin*

LB: =)

May: The dinner turned out to be ok. He couldn't taste the burnt taste and neither did I. I'm arriving next Friday!!!!

Post a Comment