« Home | WHY? » | I give up » | Floating Beach » | Of ex-landlord, broadband, new flat and etc » | Planning for the House Warming » | Untitled » | Doubt » | I had a dream » | I... » | Update #273 »

Unblock the Writer's Block

I'm back.

I went to Northern Ireland on Monday morning and came back on Tuesday evening. For the first time in my life, I stayed at home throughout the 2 days and only went out to the local store to get 2 copies of newspapers for Nana on Tuesday morning because her feet were sore. No, I'm not complaining.

It's been 2 years and 8 months since I set foot in Coleraine and Tobermore. The last time I visited Brian and Nana was 2 Christmas ago. 2 years later, so much have changed.

Nana is very forgetful. Every now and then, she would repeat herself. Every now and then, she looked at me and asked "What day is it today, Pet?". She told me her cooker is not working at least 5 times in a day. She kept on forgetting I live in London. She thought I was living in Belfast on Monday night. But she never forgotten about Daddy. She was telling me about the good old times when Daddy was in NI. Nana is still wearing the gold chain Daddy gave her some 20 over years ago.

Can't believe I'm flying off next Thursday. Part of me wants to go... and part of me doesn't want to.

OMG, I was at Coleraine Acad Inst for a couple of years!!! Wow!!! And Belfast was a great drinking ground for quite a few after that too!! I haven't been back in decades.. I miss my good friends there (my ex-landlord & his family)... *sigh*.. and all the crazy Malaysians still there..

I know the feeling. if only there was a way to have the best of both worlds, at anywhere, anytime...

LB: Coleraine is better compared to Tobermore. I went to Water Margine in Ballymena(sp?) few years ago and yum yum! I still remember the designer boutique.. Ken Young? Paul Young? Whatever Young. :P

May: Exactly.... hopefully we'll work things out soon.

Post a Comment