« Home | I feel sooo dead now » | Lilies at full bloom » | Have you ever... » | Surprise » | 二十三岁前夕 » | 凌晨3点半 » | That Weekend in Frankfurt » | Random » | Home Alone » | (Pre)Winter Blues »

It's amazing I'm still alive

So yes, call me a drama queen if you like it.

Had to wake up at 5-ish this morning because this miss drama queen takes about 1 hour to get ready. That includes showering and NOT picking what to wear for the day because I've prepared everything (including socks and the earrings) I was supposed to wear this morning, putting on a 10 minutes hydration mask (because I was looking really awful from lack of sleep), plastering thousand and one layers of cosmetics on my face, trying very, very hard to cover my extremely visible dark circles, and at the same time, multitasking in front of the laptop- reading emails, blogs and listening to music. And I did not have time for a cup of tea. -_- Really can't imagine how it will be like when I start work the next time.

It was still dark when I left the flat in my favourite suit (my best investment so far!). I arrived about 25 minutes early so I grabbed a hot chocolate from a cafe nearby. There were 2 of us scheduled for the 8am interview. The first one went okay I guess but I thought they might be 'too excited' to interview the first person. The guy was slapping me with questions, questions and more questions and when he stopped, the lady continued. I thought it wasn't going to end until he asked me if I had any questions. *phew* And I thought, in the final round, there would be technical questions but I was so wrong.

I had to wait for more than an hour, or maybe two, for the next interview. At the mean time, I got to know the candidates of the day. 2 Americans, 2 Canadians but 1 is from HK and the other one is from India, 1 Chinese, 1 BBI, 1 Greek and me. They are very nice people and we actually got on really well.

The next interview was with the guy who interviewed me from the first round, and the CFO. The interview lasted shorter than the previous one, probably they were tired from interviewing other candidates and I was the last one. The CFO seemed quite pleased with my answers and the questions asked were basically competency based. The other guy was emotionless. I can't tell.

I was quite dead by the end of the second interview.

We did an office tour but we were running late so the HR lady didn't bring us to the trading office. Dang! I really, really wanted to see how trading is like in an IB. Oh well... next time, hopefully? We had lunch- sandwiches. How cliche can that be!

The final one was the group exercise. My brain just decided to shut down during the last 10 minutes or so. I just couldn't think anymore and I wasn't absorbing any information. I don't think I did particularly well. Other people were just yapping and talking and giving information and opinions but I just talked when I thought I could contribute something to the group.

I felt like the whole assessment centre thingie just drained my brain juice, right down to the final drop. It didn't appear very taxing but when I came out from the building, all I wanted to do was to get home and go online then jump onto my bed.

And then the bus decided to play hide and seek with me. Oh well.

Anyway, I'm done rambling and I'm off to bed. Another one tomorrow and I can't be bothered to prepare for it.

Well done. :D

That sounded taxing even just reading about it! Oh my! I hate interviews! Well, I don't actually hate the interview itself, but I hate the nail-biting days and hours and minutes before it! Haha... but I haven't been to any interviews in yonks! Ok, I hate buses that play hide n seek too..

*hands over a can of energy juice*
*massages moopig's shoulders*

hope you're feeling more energised by the time tomorrow comes, and ready to take on another interview! keep it up, good luck!!

Post a Comment