« Home | Have you ever... » | Surprise » | 二十三岁前夕 » | 凌晨3点半 » | That Weekend in Frankfurt » | Random » | Home Alone » | (Pre)Winter Blues » | Seriously... » | Palma »

Lilies at full bloom


First and foremost, thank you very much for the comments and encouraging words.

Once, everything looked bleak and gloomy. I did not know where to start from. I had no plans for my future. I took time off to do some 'soul-searching'. I finally decided what I wanted.


Application forms were filled in and sent out. Rejection letters, like the waves in Cala Millor, came one after another. And finally, one invitation came. Boy, I was estatic. But I wasn't good enough after the first round.

I did not give up but I was worried. I fear my dreams will not come true and I have to pack my bags and go. I fear I will remain unemployed for the rest of my life.

Finally, I had another interview.

K arrived with a bouquet of flowers on my birthday. I put the flowers in a little vase. Everyday, I look at them and wonder when the lilies will bloom. The night before the interview, while looking at the flowers, I said 'if the lilies bloom tomorrow, I will do well.' The next morning, I was disappointed. None.

I went to the interview at one of the most reputable investment banks in London on Tuesday. The traffic was bad and I was late by about 10 minutes! Thankfully, the interview hadn't start and it was chaos in the office so no one realised I was late. I had to do verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning tests. I don't know how well I did. I managed to finish everything but I don't know if I answered them accurately. I had another interview with 2 interviewers from the department. They were nice and friendly. Helped me when I struggled. One of them said I gave a very good answer when all I did was just say something which I didn't think it was relevant. At the end of the interview, my intuition said I won't get the second interview. When I came back in the evening, I realised one of the lilies actually bloomed but it was hiding.

I prayed and I prayed and I prayed. I made 2 vows.

When I woke up this morning, the lilies were at full bloom! I checked my email. Another invitation from another company. =)

In the evening, I received another good news. I actually passed the first round interview and the next round is on Monday!

I see light at the end of the tunnel. The lilies are at full bloom.

=)

Congrats!!! :D

those lilies look so lovely! my favourite kind, too.

good luck in your job search, and hope you pass the second interview as well. many opportunities out there. keep up the spirit! HUGS for the weekend!

I love white Lilies!! Yayyyy!! Suddenly I am reminded of how I used to buy Lilies for myself from the Saturday flower market. I haven't done that in years now..
:-) All the best!!

grats and good luck on the next one.

Post a Comment