« Home | Week 2 » | "whatever" law » | Project 200: Day 3 » | Classique » | Project 200 » | 5 minutes » | Chicken Rice- Moopig's Way » | Blue Monday » | Moved. » | The Ex-File »

Because I am Happy


It snowed yesterday. For once, the MET forecast was accurate.

It's so pretty when it snows. The whole place is white and it reminds me of fairytale. i couldn't resist taking pictures of the snow. Walking on snow reminds me of ice kacang (Shaved ice) :P

But when the snow starts to melt..... it's not as pretty as it was anymore. It's dirty and slippery and tricky.

I'm not a babysitter because I don't take care of babies. :P I'm a childminder, actually. (but then again it's just another British term for babysitter.) The children are 15, 12 and 10 years old. I don't really have to take care of them. On Weds, I walk them to the Art factory near the Holloway Women prison. On Thurs and Fridays, they're free so I just need to pick up the 10 y.o. from school and walk her back home. I prepare dinner for them around 5-ish and leave when their mum comes home, about 6.30pm.

Yesterday, MrA and I made scones. MissR wasn't keen so she went to the living room to practice guitar. Everybody was amazed by the scones except MissK who didn't say a word after eating one. Oh well. Miss R seemed to have some interest in baking after eating scones yesterday because she said she wants to bake something today. I'm still scratching my head despite looking through different websites searching for a suitable recipe.

I think I'm cooking chicken fried rice for dinner. I have to think of what to cook for dinner everyday because resources are limited in the kitchen. They use an
Aga instead of stove and I'm not very good with that. It's not very good for stir-frys because it takes ages to heat up the hot plate.

Anyway......

tata!




Labels:

SNOW!!! I'll always love snow. We just don't get enough of it, I guess.. Not here in Italy anyway.. but when we do, it's like such a deep inner joy.. happiness is snow..

Slush, on the other hand, well, you've said it all..

I stand corrected.. Childminder it is then.. *grin* And I've never seen a real-life Aga, much less use one!

oooh, I was so hoping it'd snow in Italy while I was there, but no such luck. doesn't matter if it's sloshy and dirty after awhile, I just wanna see it snowing!

Well 15, 13 and 10 are not babies, are they? :P I'm a CHILDminder! :P
And yes, I agree, happiness is snow but slush is.... unhappiness.

You won't enjoy an Aga. Stove is way better!

May: Maybe you should have come to London instead:P But then you've been here before. You'll probably get more snow down South? ;)

Post a Comment