« Home | 5 minutes » | Chicken Rice- Moopig's Way » | Blue Monday » | Moved. » | The Ex-File » | The Laundry Saga » | Chocolates or Flowers? » | The Same Old Rant » | The Quest of Pick-Me-Up » | What do you have in your fridge? »

Project 200

============================
£170
============================

This will be the challenge of the month. I'm challenging myself to live on £200 this month. This money excludes my rent but includes everything else I spend- phone bill, monthly bus pass, groceries and other stuff.

I did a calculation last month. I should be able to live comfortably but not lavishly. After all, after deducting transport costs (About £50 a month on a monthly bus pass) and £30 on phone bill, I'll have £120 left. Groceries will take about 1/3 of the £120 so I should have about £80 to spend on shopping(cough!), eating out and what not.

The credit card and debit cards are evil so they are out of the wallet for the month. From today onwards, I will only carry cash when I go out. I aim to make this blog a diary to keep track of my spending this month.

Let's see if I'm up to this challenge! ;)

Hehe, good luck with that! :D

the trouble with moderated comments is I could have swore I commented something in here about that, but now I am not so sure I did!!!

Anyhow, I wished I made proper budget programs earlier.. many years ago. I have no idea where everything disappeared to.. Now I use my pocket quicken on my pda, backed up by a simple excel sheet to keep better track..

Hope yours work too!

Thanks, jason

I don't want spam, dear LB. It's annoying. I'm never good with budgeting. Did that once when I first came to UK but didn't seem to work. Dad just sent me more and more money. Now he stopped.. that's why I'm up for that challenge! :P

Post a Comment