« Home | The Laundry Saga » | Chocolates or Flowers? » | The Same Old Rant » | The Quest of Pick-Me-Up » | What do you have in your fridge? » | To Sir, With Love » | This the story of a nomad » | Like Father Like Son » | First Post for the New Year » | 7,000 words (and more) »

The Ex-File

Reading Jomel's post about her boyfriend meeting the ex reminded me of myself few months ago.

K shared a locker with his ex during term time. They had to clear the locker before the deadline.

On the bus to uni one day, he told me about the locker. He explained that he'd be meeting his ex so she could pick up her stuff as well. He asked me if I wanted to go to the locker room. I was dying to say yes. I wanted to see who she is. But I said no.

I never asked him about his ex-files until we got together few months later. I guess I'm too chicken to know his past history. Perhaps I'm inferior. I feel insecure. What is she's better than me? But he asked about mine when we went to Spain. We were strolling on the beach when he asked me and I told him everything about the exes. He didn't see it as a way of 'being a better boyfriend than the exes'. Rather, he saw it as a way to know me better.

I never looked at it this way. I see it as a competition. I want to be better than his ex. I want my exes to know I have a good boyfriend who is better than them.

Am I the only one who is being bitchy?

Labels:

you're not alone. I sometimes wonder, yet never been bold enough to ask. if it's something he'd wanted to tell, he'd tell without my asking. or am I just being naive to think he'd want to share everything about his past? or maybe there's no relevance in knowing it, because what matters is what you make of the future...

Erm... erm.... eeerrrm... erm.

I adopt the Scorched Earth policy! Yeah! Burn all, bury all, leave nothing standing! I don't need to know anything either, if that's not getting in the way.

Post a Comment