« Home | Chocolates or Flowers? » | The Same Old Rant » | The Quest of Pick-Me-Up » | What do you have in your fridge? » | To Sir, With Love » | This the story of a nomad » | Like Father Like Son » | First Post for the New Year » | 7,000 words (and more) » | I'm back! »

The Laundry Saga

Some time last week, K sent his shirt and mine to the laundry so we went to pick them up yesterday. The bill came up to a whopping 6quid for 2 shirts! We were taken aback because it normally costs less than 2quid to wash a shirt. Another laundry near my flat charges 12quid for 10 shirts, or £1.50 each. So K asked the boss why is it so expensive.

The boss, who looks like a Middle eastern man, said "We charge at this price because we dry clean the shirts. Dry clean is better for the shirt because it won't harm the shirt. If you wash with soap and water, it will damage the material very fast. Other places charge cheap because they are rubbish."

Needless to say, I wasn't impressed at all. First of all, how can he call other laundries rubbish just because they wash instead of dry cleaning the shirts.

This morning, K had to attend an interview. He wanted to wear the shirt. He smelt it and said it stinks. I didn't believe him so I smelt the shirt. It was horrible. I don't know how to describe the smell but it was really horrible. I told him I'd bring it back to the laundry and talk to the boss but he stopped me from doing so. I sniffed my shirt and it was ok. Weird.

I didn't go to the laundry in the afternoon but deep down inside, I was really, really unhappy. We paid so much yet we got such crap service. Those who know me well know that I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT TAKE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. If I were in a bad mood, I would kick up a fuss, shout, yell, do whatever I can to get a better customer service. After all, I'm the customer. I don't pay to get crap service.

When my flatmate came back, I showed her the shirt. She smelt and told me to take the shirt far, far away from her. She said it stinks big time and if K were to wear the shirt, even if he showers a hundred times the smell is still there. I know she exaggerated but that shows how stinky that shirt is.

Anyway, I had to go out to the butcher this evening. I took the shirt with me and went to the laundry. The boss came out and I explained to him.

"Did you take this shirt from here?" he asked. He sounded very suspicious.
"Yes. I came yesterday, remember?"
"And what other shirts together?"
"There's a blue striped long sleeve shirt. From TM Lewin."


Silence. He smellt the shirt.

"I don't smell anything at all"
"But it does smell really, really bad. It's like it's never been washed before"
"My dear, look. The collar shows it's been washed before."
"But it really stinks. And the weird thing is, my shirt doesn't stink at all"

"Do you want me to wash it again?"
"Yes please"
"Ok then I'll wash it again but there's no guarantee"

"Can you give me a ticket please?"
"You don't need a ticket"
"Then how can I collect the shirt?"
"I recognise your face"
"But I'll prefer a ticket"
"OK.. what's your name. Write down your name and number"


I stood there and made sure he pinned the ticket to the button of the shirt before I left.

Let's wait and see on Friday.

And I hope K doesn't get angry at me for sending this shirt to the laundry for the second time :P

Labels: ,

Wahaha! What a saga, and what a little dragon you are! Good for you! There would be no way we should stand back and tidak apa at something like this, even if it didn't cost that expensive in the first place!! Well, I hope it comes back much better, and that you won't be landed with an extra bill! You did make it clear you're not paying anything extra, right?..

You just can't let it go, right? :P Haha! Well, its good though despite K asked you not to do so. Hehe.

What smell was that anyway? Herbs and spices? Or shisha smell? Khikhi~

LB: I always say it's the matter of principle. I can't let him getaway with cheating, if he is doing that. I don't care if he threatens to call the police, i'm not paying a penny at all!!

Jason: Well I told him about it. And this was how i said "I have something to tell you but you must promise not to get angry". teeheehee. it worked! haha. He was pleased. It was like 'sou mei'. if you get what i mean? like your room hasn't been aired for centuries. damn smelly

I would've done the same, especially if the shirt smelt really bad! ewwwww! good on ya for taking it back and demanding a re-wash. bring "backup" with you if they turn nasty... *grrr* *bares teeth*

Post a Comment