« Home | This the story of a nomad » | Like Father Like Son » | First Post for the New Year » | 7,000 words (and more) » | I'm back! » | The Christmas Jinx » | "All I want for Christmas is..." » | 5 Days to Christmas » | Kurismasu lights » | Celebrating Christmas the Deutsch Way! »

To Sir, With Love

Dear Mr Mukherjee,

The last time I saw you was in September. You were very sick but you were so determined. You told me stories about your younger days and you also told me how you invented the tube. You showed me your suction diary. You were a meticulous person. You jotted down the date and the time. It was painful but you persevered. You showed me when you took off the tube you couldn't speak anymore. You were very proud of your invention, I remember. Despite the pain and the sufferings, you remained optimistic and I always admired your optimism. I still remember you told me stories about the oxygen level and you had to be on oxygen for more than 12 hours a day. You told me about the oxygen tank story when there was a power cut few days ago. You were amazed at today's technology, you said.

I never regretted going home in September anymore because that was the last time I saw you. That was the last time I hugged and kissed you and it was the last time you told me stories.

Why didn't I see you again before I left? Why? Why? Why? Why did I only see you once? Why?

I still remember the time when you were admitted into USM. I weeped. It was so painful to see you with tubes. I went to visit you. I brought food for you in the evening and I fed you chicken soup, I remember. I could see that you were very happy and proud of me.

Do you still remember you used to write long emails to me when I was in college? You never failed to tell me how proud you were because I always remember you as a 'humble cikgu' and you always treated me like your own daughter. The emails are still in my mail box.

I attended your Advanced English tuition class when I was 14. You never took a single penny from my parents. I never liked it when you ambushed us with vocabulary tests or quizes but now, I really appreciate them. You were the best tuition teacher I've ever had. I'll never find another teacher like you. Do you know, throughout the three and a half years, my proudest moment was when you praised me in front of the whole class after my public speaking? It was in Form 5. You gave me a hard topic but you changed it after you learnt that I came back from Japan. I talked about my experience and you said it was very, very good. That was my proudest moment and I was on cloud 9.

It's too painful to write anymore.

It's too painful.

I'll never see you anymore. I'll never hear your voice. I'll never get to hug and kiss you anymore. But... I'll always, always, always remember the times I visited you, the stories you told me and your optimism towards life.

I know you're in a better world, a better place. You won't suffer anymore. No more pain, no more sufferings.

I'll always love you and will always think of you. You're always in my heart, forever and always.

but it's so painful to see you go.... so so so so painful.

Labels:

my condolences, moopig dear... he must've been a wonderful man by your description. may he rest in peace.

*hugs*

May he rest in peace.

*hugs*

Yes, no more pain... no more suffering.. and he's smiling at you too now, for the really touching way you're remembering him.. Such a sweet eulogy.. So nice lah.. Really.. *gulp*

we used to call him dinosour as he was so strict to us but over the years i really appreciate and like him as a friendly old man. I was blessed to be one of his student too. May he be rest in peace and live happily in heaven now.

Oh, this is such a sad post. I'm sure all those who know him would miss him.
(Hi MooPig. Still remember me?)

Yes Fishtail, I still remember you. Where did you get my link from?

Dear all, thank you for the comments.

Post a Comment