« Home | Blue Monday » | Moved. » | The Ex-File » | The Laundry Saga » | Chocolates or Flowers? » | The Same Old Rant » | The Quest of Pick-Me-Up » | What do you have in your fridge? » | To Sir, With Love » | This the story of a nomad »

Chicken Rice- Moopig's Way


I've been craving for chicken rice for quite a while and I finally cooked it today.

It took me an hour to prepare dinner and only took me 28 minutes to finish dinner. Was it worth it? Absolutely!

I'm never a fan of 'pak cham kai' so I oven-baked the drumstick instead. I marinated the drumstick with light soy sauce, chili oil, garlic, 5-spice powder and anything I could find in my food cupboard. Yummy!

Who can resist a bowl of hot soup during winter? 2 fish balls, 2 beancurd puff, half a carrot, few slices of ginger, 2-3 cloves of garlic, a few whole black pepper, 1/2 cube chicken stock or 1 chicken bone and salt to taste. Just boil until the carrots soften or few hours. Throw in a handful of Hong Kong Kailan and boil for just a minute. Serve! Easy peasy! I used the soup to cook the rice as well.

It's time to wash up. Looks like I'm going to have the same food for dinner tomorrow night as well but I'm definitely not complaining! =)

Labels:

The moopig way sounds like the perfect way for kai fan with tong! Luckily I have just finished my own dinner, or else... The photo looks so good, as does your bowl. I just realized you eat other food apart from strawberries! *grin*

5-spice powder is one of the best seasoning ingredients in my books! I could almost bite into that juicy succulent drumstick of yours... eh, did that come out right? hahaha! not yours, but the chicken's lah!

Post a Comment