« Home | Project 200: Day 3 » | Classique » | Project 200 » | 5 minutes » | Chicken Rice- Moopig's Way » | Blue Monday » | Moved. » | The Ex-File » | The Laundry Saga » | Chocolates or Flowers? »

"whatever" law

Call me superstitious if you want to but before that, read on.

I remember I attended my very first 'real' interview in London. Well, I say it's a real interview because it was formal and it didn't involve questions like 'So, tell me what does your father do?' and 'How many siblings do you have at home ah?'. That morning, when I put on my contact lenses, my eye hurt. Like something sharp poked into my eyes. No, the lenses weren't dirty. And the outcome of the interview? Unsuccessful.

And then I went for another interview. I was late by 10 minutes! Well first I left home late-lah. Then the traffic was horrendous. I was so nervous. I called the HR to tell her I'd be late because of the traffic. Thank goodness it was chaos at the office. They didn't have a proper procedure, I supposed, and no one realised I was late! I guess because they were trying to save time by having 1 group of people doing the tests and another group of people attending interviews. It was a miracle- I passed that round. And oh, when I put on the contact lenses in the morning, it didn't hurt at all. Good sign, I thought to myself, and it turned out to be true.

Then came the final round. I was dressed in my lucky colour- blue. I realised pink is my unlucky colour so I stopped wearing anything pink to interviews. The journey to the office was smooth sailing. Interviews went on well but I wasn't good enough for the position.

Forward to many many weeks later, I was lucky enough to attend another interview session. Since the office is out of London, I deliberately planned my route so I'd be early. But....... my hair just *had* to give me trouble yesterday morning. It was all curly and nice when I came out from the shower. After putting on some gel to set the curls, I started blow drying and ta-dah! they became half straight, half curly. It was hideous. I tried to make them straight but to no avail. They looked even worst. God knows how much time I spent on my darn hair. Then I had to put on some make up. By the time I left home, I was runnning 15 minutes later than my planned time. Half way walking to the bus stop, I realised I left my mobile phone on the bed and the ipod on the bookshelf. Great! I missed the bus by 10 seconds. The next bus came few minutes after that and I was actually on time to catch the train BUT Miss Silly Moopig went to the wrong platform! I was in a rush and missed the sign. Thank goodness the train didn't break down.

And you know what? I got an invitation for the final round.

I. am. speechless. I really don't know what to say.

Labels:

just when you thought you had a bad day, it turned out to be a good one (a few days later), yea? congrats! I hope you get the job!

Post a Comment