« Home | That Crush » | 8 days ago... » | 对不起 » | Something I Learnt Yesterday » | The Culprit! » | Speechless » | The Conversation Last Week » | How do you like this Meme? » | Have You Eaten Your Easter Egg Yet? » | The Kepo-chi post »

Caught Off Guard

I was out yesterday and I told a friend of mine "I feel a lump in my throat. I think I'm catching a cold."

When I came home, I drank juice from half a lemon, sans sugar and salt, but to no avail. By 10/11-ish, my throat felt horrible. I dreaded to sleep because I know how painful it is to wake up the next morning.

This morning when I woke up, I felt my tonsil was as big as a football. Every time I swallowed my saliva, I nearly teared.

The first gulp of water I took was even painful. Ouch.

It must be the weather, I tell you. Rain and sun, sun and rain. Last week, the temperature was at 20 and above and suddenly, over the bank holiday weekend, the weather decided to be nasty and it was raining. Some days it rained like cats and dogs. Other days it rained like elephants and hippopotamus with thunder. The temperature plummeted to below 10 degrees. My body is very sensitive to the weather, I suspect. Every year when the season changes, I catch cold.

Water will be my best friend for today and the next few days. And I really, really, REALLY regret not keeping any Vitamin C in my room. (I can hear my Mum nagging already :P)

I never keep any Vitamin C with me either! Maybe I should get some.. I hope you get better soon. The English weather can be a killer sometimes! Move to Italy! Much warmer here, especially with Global Warming and all..

oh no oh no! hope you feel better in no time. flus are really nasty. lots of water and chicken soup, ok? and plenty of rest!

LB: Make sure you store one! it can be really handy because you never know when you'll catch the nasty bug. Also make sure you have some menthol sweets with you. It's really good for the throat. Perhaps I should run to yours when the weather is horrible. I've never been to S.G!

May: 3 litres (or more) water and 6 Soothers sweets later, I am feeling so much better. At least the sore throat is gone. I've used up half a box of tissue papers and sneezed uncountable times, though. lol. I want chiken soup!!!

Post a Comment