« Home | . » | 在国外漂流的日子 » | Caught Off Guard » | That Crush » | 8 days ago... » | 对不起 » | Something I Learnt Yesterday » | The Culprit! » | Speechless » | The Conversation Last Week »

Work. 20th June.

Yesterday was Rosie's birthday. I went in late because MrsC planned to leave after her princess woke up- it was Rosie's idea that she wanted to see her Mum when she woke up.

I only worked on Wed afternoon last week and I was missing the 2 young ones. I decided to get in earlier yesterday morning so I could see Adam off.

It was almost 8 when I arrived. I opened the door and walked to the kitchen. No one. They must be upstairs, I thought. Indeed they were. I made a cup of tea before emptying the dishwasher.

Adam heard me and he came downstairs.

"Morning!" he said.
"Hey Trouble, morning!"
"You should come upstairs. Rosie is opening her presents!!"
"You sure?" I hesitated. After all, it was a family thing.
"Yeah! Come upstairs, it's really fun!"

I brought Rosie's present and went upstairs.

The Katy and Rosie were sitting on the bed. MrsC sat on the sofa bed. Adam gave up his seat for me while he went to get ready for school. On the bed, birthday cards and presents were arranged neatly. Rosie was deciding which present she should open first.

I gave Rosie her birthday present- A CD and a card from M&S. She read my card before reading others.

Rosie played the Scissors Sisters's CD and started dancing away. She then tried on the swimming constume her Mum got for her. It fitted her perfectly too :)

It was time for MrsC to go to work. I left the room to prepare Rosie's lunch box.

============================================================

It was very heart warming when Adam invited me to go upstairs. I felt like I am more than a child minder to them- perhaps an elder sister. =) I think that's how Adam and Rosie see me as. Katy sees me as a friend.

Wednesday is probably my favourite day of the week because it's the first day of work. I walk them to Art on Wednesday afternoon and the journey to Art is always filled with laughters.

Anyways, it's time to dream of what to cook for dinner tomorrow. :P

you must be their favourite child-minder, to treat you like an elder sister instead! :)

I need to dream of what to cook too, for tonight...

Post a Comment