« Home | Of attending graduation and Daddy feeling guilty » | Let's see how rusty my chinese is... » | Escapism » | Away Mode » | I want to idle! » | Bonjour! » | Missing in Action » | Look Who's One Today! » | Telemarketers!!!!! » | Pang of guiltiness »

I respect you no more

I have lost my respect for this person simply because he doesn't deserve to be respected.

Before and during the exams, I spent most of my time in the media centre revising for my finals. Normally, I went in the afternoon and stayed there until late night. I came to know this guy, M, who happens to be my friend's corridor mate. He's from Cameroon and is doing his MBA. From my observation, he talks a lot, kiasu, claims to know the chinese culture better than chinese, claims that he knows Turkey better than the Turkish lecturer and he loves his pints and JD. He's nice to talk to at times. And oh, did I mention he's an MCP? A typical MCP.

When I saw him, I called him alcoholic, just for fun. We joked about it. Sometimes, my friend asked him 'where's your pint?'/ 'Jack Daniels Double?', he was cool about it. But one night, before he left the media centre, my friend said 'Bye' to him while I said 'Bye M, have fun drinking!' and I continued with my work. Suddenly, he walked towards me and said 'Don't fuck with me...' I looked up, stunned, cold sweat, brain jammed for a few seconds. My friend was shock but she asked him 'Why did you swear at Eileen?' I was still dumb folded. My friend said 'Drinking can mean drink water, not necessarily alcohol'.

M said 'But that's not what she means right?'

I answered loudly, NO

He said 'See.. you see...' and walked off.

Until today, I still can't decipher why he sweared at me. From then on, I didn't even look at him and I didn't even greet him at the centre or whenever I saw him. I just did not have to. Why should I still fake a smile and be nice to him when he, a 31 year old dirty old man swears at me?

Once, he had a lady in his room and my friend heard him talking to someone in English. When she met him, she asked, 'M, did you have a guest last night?' He said yes and he panicked. Around 3, he went out to watch football with another friend of mine. My friend came back with gossip. M got drunk at the pub and told him 'I fucked that girl'. He 'advised' my friend- You should be like me, get a girl, fuck and leave her. He also told him what they did the whole night. Ewwwwww!! Gross sh!t!

Wah lau! When I heard that, I totally lost my respect for him. To make matter worse, he has a wife and 2 kids in Cameroon and he's doing all this behind his wife's back, obviously. Poor wifey.

I just cannot respect a bastard man like this.

And I think my friend is absolutely right. She calls him- Bastard.