« Home | Rest in peace » | I respect you no more » | Of attending graduation and Daddy feeling guilty » | Let's see how rusty my chinese is... » | Escapism » | Away Mode » | I want to idle! » | Bonjour! » | Missing in Action » | Look Who's One Today! »

Liverpool Day Trip

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I'm not a big fan of Liverpool. I was there as a tourist last year and did not enjoy it. Liverpool gave me the impression of boring, old and dirty. I had a hard time understanding the Scouse accent.


But two days ago, I went to Liverpool again. Quite reluctantly, I must say. If it was not because of me wanting to meet my ex-classmate whom I haven't met for 5 years, I would not have gone to Liverpool. This time, I went with 2 friends. Initially, our plan was to go separate ways when we arrived and meet up for dinner before leaving Liverpool. I planned to spend time with my ex-class mate and not roam around in town.

The journey took about 1 hour 40 minutes. We got lost in the city but some how, we managed to find my friend's accommodation. Lady Luck was on our side. ;)

I called my friend and we left his place to search for a parking space since there wasn't any parking space at the university's accommodation. In the end, the 5 of us went together. We went to the museum, went to the Sunday Market and went to Liverpool FC at Anfield. While I heard my friends complaining that other parts of UK were scorching hot, it rained like cats and dogs in Liverpool in the afternoon. *curse curse curse* We arrived at Anfield about 4pm and only manage to take pictures of the outside. They closed earlier because of some Father's Day events going on. No luck. We did not even get to go in the shop!

The Sunday Market is huge. I saw Dior slippers selling at £10, Dior T-shirts, LV sunnies, Hugo Boss T-shirts, House of Wax DVDs. Interesting, I thought. All this while I thought I can only get these duplicated merchandise in Thailand, Malaysia, China but not UK.

By the time we left Anfield to search for Everton FC (which we did not see in the end because we got lost), it was approaching 5 so we headed to my friend's place. I found out that another friend of ours was also in Liverpool so we called him and met up with him.

It was good meeting up with old friends. We never talked much when we were classmates/schoolmates then but this time, we talked, joked and surprisingly, we did not run out of topic. I thought we would run out of topics as we hadn't met each other for 5 years but I was so wrong. I'm glad that I took a trip to Liverpool this time. I'm looking forward to seeing them again! Hopefully, this weekend. :)