« Home | Boy, Rest in peace » | Dear Spring » | Food Food Food » | To Sir, with love » | Boring accountants? » | The cloud that I can never catch... » | Badminton tournament? » | A quiet CNY » | Dumplings » | Can I get the best of both, please? »

Char Siew Pau craving

Being in a foreign land without proper chinese food sucks.

I've been craving for Char Siew Pau for quite some time. Too bad, I can't get any of them in this little town. So, I decided to make some over the weekend. Cherry, my housemate and I had fun making them. I made the filling a night before and made the dough earlier in the morning. In the evening, we assembled the paus. Eating fresh from the hob Char Siew Paus was fantastic! Having them in a cold winter day was even better! ;) The paus turned out delicious (kembang!) but they looked really horrible. Since I couldn't find any Hong Kong flour over here, I subtituted it with self raising flour. Probably that was the reason why the paus turned out slightly yellow-ish. I am not creative enough. I twisted and turned the dough, tried many ways but could not shape them like the paus in restaurants/shops.

This is turning into a food blog soon! haha..

Here's a picture of the Yellow Char Siew Pau. :)