« Home | A Night Before Graduation » | Mom's Visit to UK » | I'm still alive! » | It's been a while.... » | Packing + Moving = Nightmares » | Good bye.... my second home » | Thoughts » | Beauty and the Beast- The Musical » | Liverpool Day Trip » | Rest in peace »

The Fight

I saw this coming. I knew it. It was like a bomb, ready to explode anytime. Finally, it exploded, right in the city centre.

It all started with Mommy nagging me about the stuffs I have. She complains I have way too many stuffs and they're not packed properly. This is not the first time. She always nags at me about the amount of stuffs I have. On the way back from the pier, for the 19273074th time, she told me to clean up the house before I leave, pack everything up before I leave and yada yada yada. Seriously, I'm fed up of listening. For goodness sake, I'm turning 22 this year. Does she still think I'm a 2 year old girl who doesn't know manners? I showed her my infamous sour face. She got angry and nagged even more! She said that I'm shaken because everyone's telling me Law and Accounting is hard. I'm pressured. Law is indeed difficult. I take it as a challege. Mom said I shouldn't pressure myself but I have to study real hard from the start of the course. She's right. She's always right. I raised my voice at her, telling her that I feel the pressure everytime. She said she has never pressured me. I argued that the pressure is always there, from day 1 I entered university. She's expecting me to get a first class honour but I only managed to do once. She denied she expected me to get one. Every weekend I called, I talked to Daddy, Mommy and Brother for 20 minutes. Every weekend, she asked 'How's study? If cannot catch up, see your lecturer you know. Anything else? ok lah. bye bye' I blew up everything today. She always reminds me, try to get a first class. I know, I want a first class too but I just can't. I'm no longer a first class material. If she can tell me that, of course she expects me to do so. Some how, the pressure is there, indirectly.

Both of us raising our voice. Finally we kept quiet and continued walking. I was fighting the tears but I failed to do so. In the shop, I saw Mommy crying and I felt really bad. In a way, it was a good thing because I told her everything I've been wanting to tell her. Anyway, we talked nicely to each other and everything was back to normal after that.

Oh well, it happens from time to time. Let's see when's the next fight.

Off to Dublin tomorrow for a day trip!