« Home | Packing + Moving = Nightmares » | Good bye.... my second home » | Thoughts » | Beauty and the Beast- The Musical » | Liverpool Day Trip » | Rest in peace » | I respect you no more » | Of attending graduation and Daddy feeling guilty » | Let's see how rusty my chinese is... » | Escapism »

It's been a while....

It's been a while since I last posted.

I've moved into the new place. Everything is still in boxes as I'm only here for about 5 weeks. The first day I moved in, I was alone for the whole weekend because the housemate went off to work. The whole house was mine. I could blast the music, walk to the bathroom naked, talk on the phone on the stairs, in the living room, in my room, in the kitchen. Basically, I could do whatever I like as long as I don't disturb the neighbours. The moment the housemate came back, I felt uneasy. I feel as if there's a pair of watchful eyes and a pair of ears which are spying on me. I highly doubt the housemate is doing so. She's probably busy with her movies and I don't think she's that type of person who kepo about other people. At least, she doesn't look like one. Oh well, paranoid is my middle name.

I'm off to London in another 12 hours. Packing is half done. I've been busy re-planning the schedule and booking the tickets. I just called Mommy and she said she wants to go to Switz or France. Gosh... she's arriving in a few day's time and now she's telling me she wants to get out of UK. Geez... There goes at least another £500 from my piggy bank. :( On top of that, I'll have to plan the journey. So many things to do, so little time! I have too many things to bring to London and I want to squeeze everything into the bagpack. Fingers crossed they all fit.

I'll be seeing Mommy whom I haven't met for 10 months. While I am excited to see her, I'm worried at the same time. I'm worried that we'll have arguments. I've been away from home for 5 years. I'm used to staying without them and I'm used to do everything at my own pace. The thing I'm worried about is the conflict of ideas. She may not like the idea of me doing things my way and I may not like her idea. I'm used to spending my 1000 free minutes yakking on the phone with Yu Jen and other friends. She's against it. I can imagine her saying- Aiyo.. why you spend so much time on the phone? Wahh.. then exam time how ah? Don't tell me you talk like that? How come you got so many things to talk wan? I'm used to not eating proper food at the right time- She eats at the right time and 3 meals a day. She's a home-minister. Of course she can cook 3 meals a day. I don't have the time and effort to do that. She's a neat freak whilst I am definitely not one. I just keep my room tidy but to Mommy, everything has to be dust-free, spick and span. When she nags, she'll say- Why you so lam nua one? Can't you be like A-mei? Her things are so neat. Why you so this.. why you so that?

I'm worried we'll end up arguing like my ex-housemate and her Mom. I don't want that to happen. I want her to be happy throughout her 3 weeks here. I want her to enjoy her trip... but at the same time... does that mean I have to follow her instructions, do things her way and I end up unhappy?

Sigh....

So yeah.. I'm off to London tomorrow. I'll be suffering from Internet withdrawal symptom for sure. Just like Yu Jen. ;) Aunty's house doesn't have internet. Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so tempted to bring my laptop over there.

Well.. I'll blog when I get to blog again!