« Home | I'm still alive! » | It's been a while.... » | Packing + Moving = Nightmares » | Good bye.... my second home » | Thoughts » | Beauty and the Beast- The Musical » | Liverpool Day Trip » | Rest in peace » | I respect you no more » | Of attending graduation and Daddy feeling guilty »

Mom's Visit to UK

I've been to London a few times. Normally, I spent a night or a couple in central London, doing the 'touristy' stuffs or shopping. This time, I stayed in London for 9 days, the longest by far. No regrets. :) I think I've started to like London.

After 9 days, I think London is not that bad after all. I shouldn't have any problems adapting to the city life. Fingers crossed. If I can't adapt, I'll force myself to like it. After all, I'll be there for 12 months only. Time flies.

After 9 days, I still can't get used to the horrible London water. It tastes horrible. I wonder how long will it take for me to get used to the horrible-tasting water. Trust me, Welsh water tastes 100 times (or more) better!

The day my Mom and Grand Aunty arrived, I cooked dinner for them. The next day, I cooked lunch for them. I did what I'm best at- beef/chicken stew. A simple dish and it doesn't take long to prepare. On the second night, Mom started cooking. I think she can't stand my cooking. :P Since then, I've been eating home cooked Malaysian food. We had soto ayam, tom yam, nga-pow fan, chicken curry and lots more! I'm not complaining that I have good food to eat... I'm just worried that my weight will increase! The only exercise I do is shopping. :P

My Mom brought a luggage full of food stuffs and My Grand Aunty brought 7.5kg Milo and about 10 packets of Kopiko sweets for her daughter! Finally, after 10 months, I'm having proper food for every meal!

We went to Cotswald Village on 9th and Cambridge on the 10th. I am so in love with Cotswald Village!!

We had dim-sum at Royal China on Sunday, followed by shopping at Harrods. My Mom and I shopped till it was closed. We weren't satisfied and continued the shopping spree the next day. Mom rather goes shopping than going to the British Museum, London Eye, Tate, Westminster Abbey. She thinks it's boring.

We nearly had a fight in Cambridge because she doesn't like to see churches and cathedrals and museums. She likes a free and easy trip while I try to do as many things as possible in one day. Her style of travelling is visit a place or two, sit down for coffee, then continue again whereas I'm the total opposite. I walk and walk and walk until I'm tired then I get a rest. Well, I'll make her happy. Every now and then, I ask her 'You want coffee, Mommy?' ;) It's not that hard. :)

Mom's still not used to the pounds yet. She converts everytime she buys something, including groceries. She never fails to say 'So expensive!' everytime we go grocery shopping. Everytime, she asks me 'Jie, how much is £1.75?' I'll do the calculation and tell her the amount in ringgit and she'll decide if we should buy. I've been doing lots of £X.XX * 7= RM X.XX I have to tell her to stop converting but I guess it takes time. It's her 9th day here. Hopefully she'll stop as soon as possible. :P

Pics will be up shortly. I'm lazy to resize them. Gotta help Mom with her cooking.