« Home | It's been a while.... » | Packing + Moving = Nightmares » | Good bye.... my second home » | Thoughts » | Beauty and the Beast- The Musical » | Liverpool Day Trip » | Rest in peace » | I respect you no more » | Of attending graduation and Daddy feeling guilty » | Let's see how rusty my chinese is... »

I'm still alive!

First thing first:

I am still alive. Thank God!!

Thank you very much for your concern. Mom and I are safe and sound.

The reason for not updating was because I was internet-less for the past 9 days or so. It was bad not having internet but I guess the retail therapy sessions and the idiot box made up.

I swear this happened to me on the 6th July. I was shopping alone in central London. While walking along Bond Street, I was looking at the buses and the I kept on thinking of the scenes from The Interpreter. The scene where the bus exploded lingered on my mind for quite some time. I freaked out when I watched the news the next day.

The retail therapy session on 6th did not satisfy me as I hadn't found my graduation clothes. I told my aunt that night I would leave home at 0930 so I could shop the whole day on 7th. That morning, I woke up at 8.30 and switched on the tele, took my own sweet time to get ready to go out. Before I left home, I heard the news about 'power surge'. I thought it would not affect me because I wasn't going to that area. 1000, I left home. As I was walking towards the tube station, I realised something wasn't right. There were lots of people at the bus stop, which was unusual. My phone rang as I was about to cross the street. It was my aunt. She sounded worried and told me not to go to central as there were more explosions.

I walked back home, relieved. But that day was chaotic. My aunt was on stand-by at the hospital and she could not go to the airport to pick up her mom and my mom. Phone lines were down and I could not make any phone call. The last phone call I made was to Yu Jen and after that, I could hardly make or receive any phone calls. However, text messages flooded in. Friends from Malaysia, Germany and UK texted to find out if I was alright. Thank you so much for your concern. I was so touched.

I had to take a cab to Heathrow airport to pick up Mom and Grandaunty that evening. It took me more than an hour to get to Heathrow. Taxi drivers overcharged due to the condition. Traffic was horrible. The only way to get in and out of Heathrow was by car.

I arrived at Heathrow later than expected so I did not have to wait long before I met Mom and Grandaunty whom I haven't met for 10 months. They heard about the blasts on the aeroplane so they weren't shocked when I broke the news to them.

Anyway, Mom and I are back in Bangor now. Graduation is on 15th July. Will blog when Mom's asleep again! ;)